1. Under the banyan tree….
2. When he entered the house….
3. When he entered the house, he found his dog sitting under the banyan tree.
Which group of words makes complete sense?
The third group of words makes sense.
A group of words that makes complete sense is called a sentence.
In order to make complete sense….
A sentence begins with a capital letter.
A sentence has words placed in their proper order.
A sentence ends with a full stop, a question mark or a mark of exclamation.
Colour blue favourite is my.
Makes no sense.
Therefore it is not a sentence.
My favourite colour is blue.
Makes complete sense.
Therefore it is a sentence.
Example Sentences :
1. He does not like what you said.
2. My daughter is getting ready to go to school.
3. Your brothers are quarreling among themselves.
4. Why are you so sad today?
5. He is my brother’s friend.
6. It is not good to scold him in font of his wife.
7. Where is my pen?
8. We are not celebrating Diwali this year.
9. Childhood was a wonderful time some fifty years ago.
10. Chennai is getting ready to face heavy-down-pour in December this year.