Allowing oneself only a little food, drink or pleasure
Example Sentences :
1. You are very abstemious in your habits.
2. You're being very abstemious today.
3. He is abstemious in eating and drinking.
4. Once she was naturally an abstemious lady indifferent to luxury.
5. Thanks to his abstemious habits, he had not grown fat and sicky.
6. They seem to have led an abstemious and ascetic life.
7. The ideal and the principles of the abstemious life were discussed.
Abstemious To HOME PAGE
The Grammar Index