Changing One Voice to Another Voice :
Rewrite the sentences in the passive voice.
1. Ankita opened the window.
2. We have done our homework.
3. I will ask a question.
4. We do not clean our rooms.
5. Could you feed the dog?
6. Ratan will give you some advice.
7. Is she watering the flowers?
8. You were not driving him home.
9. Our neighbour gave me a lift.
10. We were talking about Feroz.
11. I am writing a poem.
12. My father is washing the car.
13. Kanya will make you a cup of tea.
14. They have written her a postcard.
15. They did not offer her a seat.
Rewrite the following sentences in the active voice.
1. The birds were rescued by Jannat.
2. The answer papers were submitted by the students.
3. Were these lines being read by her?
4. The new car was driven by Manjyot.
5. Dinner was not being served.
6. The poem was recited by the little boy.
7. The keys have been lost by Shivam.
8. His picture is being taken by her.
9. My bicycle has not been repaired by the mechanic.
10. Basketball is not played in the school.
11. The guitar was being played by him.
12. The sack was placed on the floor by the maid.
13. The lines are not being spoken well by him.
14. The lines are not being spoken well by him.
15. The match had been lost by the girls.
16. We are not going to be given a holiday by the teacher.
In the passage given below, there are some verbs. State whether they are in the active or in the passive voice. Write A if it is in the active voice and P if it is in the passive voice.
Taj Mahal is regarded as one of the eight wonders of the world and some Western
historians have noted that its architectural beauty has never been surpassed. The Taj is the most beautiful monument built by the Mughals - the Muslim rulers of India. Taj Mahal is built entirely of white marble. Its stunning architectural beauty is beyond adequate description, particularly at dawn and sunset. The Taj seems to glow in the light of the full moon. On a foggy morning, the visitors experience the Taj as if suspended when viewed from across the Jamuna River.
Taj Mahal was built by a Muslim Emperor Shah Jahan (died 1666 AD) in the memory of his dear wife and Queen Mumtaz Mahal at Agra - India. It is an elegy in marble or some say an expression of a dream. Taj Mahal (meaning Crown Palace) is a Mausoleum in which the grave of Queen Mumtaz Mahal is housed. The grave of Shah Jahan was added to it later. The queen’s real name was Arjumand Banu. In the tradition of Mughals, important ladies of the royal family were given another name at their marriage or at some other significant event in their lives and that new name were commonly used by the public. Shah Jahan’s real name was Shahab-ud-din and he was known as Prince Khurram before ascending to the throne in 1628.
The following paragraph contains various verbs both in active voice and in passive voice.
The Statue of Liberty was given to the United States by France. It was a present on the 100th anniversary of the United States. The Statue of Liberty was designed by Frederic Auguste Bartholdi. It was completed in France in July 1884. In 350 pieces, the statue then was shipped to New York where it was arrived on June 17 -- 1885. The pieces were put together and the opening ceremony took place on October 28 - 1886. The Statue of Liberty is 46 m high (93 m) including the base. The statue represents the goddess of liberty. She holds a torch in her right hand and a tablet in her left hand. On the tablet, you see the date of the Declaration of Independence July 4 -1776. Every year, the Statue of Liberty is visited by many people from all over the world.
Some words are given below. Write an active sentence and a passive sentence
using each group.
1. The pages / print
2. The door / close
3. The shoes / clean
4. The car / drive
5. The garbage / collect
6. The letter / write
7. The book / write / not
8. The songs / sing / not
9. The game / play / not
10. The house / buy / not
Changing One Voice to Another Voice
Changing One Voice to Another Voice To HOME PAGE
The Sentences Index
Changing One Voice to Another Voice - Changing One Voice to Another Voice - Changing One Voice to Another Voice