To settle a matter
To come to an agreement about
1. The question is now closed and there will be no further discussion.
2. He was promoted after closing a deal worth 15 crores.
3. That wound will soon close up.
: (phrasal verb) = to agree with (someone) or to (something)
1. The businessman quickly closed with the offer.
2. The terrorist quickly closed with the Inspector.
3. The two teachers didn't close with each other until the end of the meeting.
4. Such letters will close with the closing YOURS FAITHFULLY.
: to begin to fight
1. The two armies closed with each other.
2. The chairman of the Rajya Sabha closed the proceedings abruptly.
3. After some argument, the inspector of Income-Tax closed with my proposal.
Close To HOME PAGE
The Grammar Index