Synonyms and Antonyms Index
| Previous Page
Conversation related to STARTING A PHONE CONVERSATION :
Saying who you are
1. Hello, this is Mohan Das.
2. Hello, it’s Monica.
3. Hello, Abdul here.
4. Abdul speaking.
5. Can I speak to Mr. Arjun Singh?
Asking who the other person is
1. Who is speaking, please?
2. Who is that?
3. Is that Manjula?
Asking for the person you want to speak to
1. Hello, is that Ramesh?
2. Hello, is David there, please?
3. Can I speak to Mr. Raman, please?
4. May I speak to Mr. Raman, please?
5. I would like to speak to the Principal.
When you are answering the call
1. Hello, Ram Lai speaking.
When the right person is there
1. One moment, please.
2. Hold on a moment, please.
3. Please hold on. I’ll get him for you.
If the right person is not there
1. Sorry, he is not in.
2. Sorry, he’s out.
3. Sorry, he has gone out.
4. Can I take a message?
5. Would you like to leave a message?
The above words are said by the person who says somebody is not there.
The person who is told somebody is not there says….
1. I will ring later.
2. I will phone later.
3. I will call again later.
4. Could you ask him to ring back?
5. Could you ask him to phone back?
6. Could you ask him to call back?
7. Can I leave a message?
8. Would you please take a message?
Conversation related to STARTING A PHONE CONVERSATION
Akbar and Birbal Stories
Conversation related to STARTING A PHONE CONVERSATION To HOME PAGE