English language is a very good language for expressing our thoughts as they should be done. There are more than adequate words and styles for making our thoughts clearly understandable to others. That is why many people want to learn this language. These adjectives are of this type of words which have the flexibilities to make our thoughts and intentions very clear for the listeners. These Adjectives may be used to emphasize a Possessive Adjective. They lay stress on the proceeding noun. As the name implies, the adjectives used to emphasize a noun take this name.
The Adjective OWN may be used to emphasize a Possessive Adjective.
1. We saw it with our own eyes.
2. He put his own son to death.
3. He became his own cook.
4. You have to bring your own lunch.
5. They have their own problems. Please, mind yours.
6. Why should not you buy your own calculator for you?
VERY is used as an Emphasizing Adjective in sentences like the following.
1. It happened before my very eyes.
2. There it stands to this very day.
3. The verb moment he complete his project, he was awarded the degree.
4. The very moment he comes here, we should celebrate his birth-day.
Example Sentences with this type of adjectives :
1. Mind your own business.
2. You should take your own car to the function.
3. He has his own house in Delhi.
4. They are doing their own business.
5. Mind your own language.
6. He arranged it with his own efforts.
7. She did it with her own hands.
8. It has its own business.
9. You have to complete this project on your own.
10. He has written all this with his own hands.
11. Lend me your own pen.
12. He saw his girl-friend on the road with his own eyes.
13. She killed her sister before her very eyes.
14. This is his own book.
15. She has seen him by her own eyes.
16. The very house that I rented out was the one I bought.
17. He has the very book you gave him.
18. That very shirt I wanted to have and I got it.
19. You are your own master.
20. I am my own boss.
21. This is the very woman who came with me.
22. That is the very toy that my daughter wanted to buy.