Synonyms and Antonyms Index
| Previous Page
Example for Reading Comprehension :
Greece is very famous for seven wisemen. Among them Socrates was one. He was a great Greek philosopher. He tried hard to control himself and resolved never to make a
show of his temper. He believed that an angry man was more of a beast than a human being. But he had a wife who used to lose her temper on the slightest excuse and tried her utmost to irritate the cool and temperate husband.
One day she became more furious than ever before and began to insult her husband. Socrates determined not to be put out and decided to leave her alone. He walked off and
sat on the door-step of his house, looking out on the public street. The wife, finding that her husband did not pay any heed to her anger, went up to him and emptied a pot full of
water over him. The passers by in the street were much amused at the incident. Socrates joined in their laughter saying…..I was expecting this. After thunder comes rain.
1) Who was Socrates? Name the two qualities of Socrates.
2) What was his belief about an angry man?
3) What did he resolve?
4) Quote the words which describe that his wife had a bad temper.
5) What did his wife do when her husband did not pay any heed to her anger?
6) What did Socrates do at the incident?
7) Give a suitable title to the passage.
1) Socrates was a great Greek Philosopher. (Coolness and temperance)
2) His belief about an angry man was that such a man was more of a beast than a human being.
3) He resolved never to get angry.
4) Who used to lose her temper on the slightest excuse and tried her utmost to irritate the cool and temperate husband.
5) She emptied a pot full of water over her husband.
6) Socrates remained silent but he joined with passers-by in their laughter at the incident and said….After thunder comes rain.
7) Socrates and his Wife
Example for Reading Comprehension
Akbar and Birbal Stories
Example for Reading Comprehension To HOME PAGE