Helping Verbs :
There are 23 Helping Verbs.
Be, am, is, are, was, were, being, been, Have, has, had, do, does, did, will, would, shall, should, may, might, can, could and ought.
Besides the action verbs, we need these helping verbs to help the action verbs to form the proper tenses and voices.
1. Be there by 2 o’clock.
2. I am a businessman.
3. He is a doctor.
4. They are actors.
5. He was in Mumbai last Sunday.
6. We were wrong in our arguments.
7. Being a student of this university, I could not say so.
8. I have been here for the last 12 years.
9. They have been living in Mumbai for the last 25 years.
10. We had had a car which is not with us now.
11. My sister-in-law has a new BMW car.
12. They do a favour to us.
13. He did a business which gave him heavy loss.
14. It does come today morning.
15. She will not speak against you.
16. She would speak against you in this meeting.
17. I shall come tomorrow.
18. They should come to this function.
19. Your sister may come to New York tomorrow morning.
20. Your bother might attend the meeting.
21. My parents can take the flight. Doctors have them permission.
22. My parents could do this to me.
23. They ought to come to this function by car.
Helping Verbs To HOME PAGE
The Grammar Index