How to use EITHER? :
either : (pronoun) one or the other of the two
1. There are coffee and tea. You can have either.
2. Take either of the books.
When either and neither are used as pronouns and followed by plural noun, they usually take a singular verb in formal writing.
1. Is either of the plants in operation yet?
2. Is neither of the plants in operation yet?
But in speech and informal writing, a plural verb is usually used.
1. Are either of the teams coming to play this time?
2. Are neither of the teams coming to play this time?
How to use EITHER?
How to use EITHER? To HOME PAGE
The Grammar Index