- (verb) : to work, especially, hard
1. The committee laboured over the report for five long months.
2. All his life, Nehru laboured for the good of humanity.
3. The Prime Minister is labouring under a misapprehension that the Deputy Prime Minister is faithful to him.
4. My wife has been labouring over a hot stove all morning.
5. I laboured at my work of editing a standard dictionary for five long years.
6. They laboured for years to build this project.
7. She laboured up the hill with her heavy bags.
8. The woman was labouring with child.
Labour To HOME PAGE
The Grammar Index