likely, especially, from habit or tendency
Example Sentences :
1. The river is liable to flood in winter.
2. Those who get top salaries are liable for a higher rate of tax.
3. This kind of cloth is liable to tear very easily.
4. He declared that he was not liable for his wife's debts.
5. The bridge, constructed in the last regime, is liable to collapse at any moment.
6. Be careful. If you meet with an accident while driving my car, I will become a liable person.
7. People who walk on the grass are liable to a fine of Rs.15.
8. The court ruled that I could not be held personally liable for my wife's debts.
Sometimes a word takes a certain preposition after it in one context and a different preposition in another context.
Liable To HOME PAGE
The Grammar Index