Synonyms and Antonyms Index
| Previous Page
Mistakes while Writing in English :
Find out the mistake in each sentence which you think is incorrect. Indicate in which part of the sentence the mistake occurs. If there is no mistake, write E.
1. I would like you / to clear up your desk / before you will leave / the office.
2. He told me / he would be / at the concert / between seven to nine o’clock.
3. The man that called / at my house last night / said he would call again / in the afternoon.
4. Do you know that / my cousin brother / has been elected / Chairman of the Board?
5. The driver was put / in the prison / for exceeding / the speed limit.
6. I live / very far / from the centre / of town.
7. They have told / me that / the meeting is / on upstairs.
8. They who have borrowed / books from the library / should return them / by the end of this month.
9. The English / is spoken / in many parts / of the world.
10. She has said / she is going to the temple / and will return / after an hour
11. I was glad / to hear / that he married his both daughters / to engineers.
12. The thieves broke / the safe open / and robbed / all the jewels.
13. He said / he would be going / to abroad / in March next.
14. The headmaster suggested / that / I should take part-in the competition.
15. I couldn't attend / to school yesterday / because / I had a temperature.
16. You can't catch / the train / if you won’t / take a taxi.
17. The swimmer was very tired / but he could reach / the shore / before he collapsed.
18. Do you go / to college / by bus / or by walk?
19. He was happy / when he saw / his girl friend / getting down the bus.
20. The manager was / angry with me / and asked why / was I late.
21. The medicine is supposed / to be very good / for people / suffering with asthma.
22. Supposing if / my father sees me / talking to you / what will he think?
23. He made her go / although / she wanted / to stay with her friends.
24. George and I / have been working / on this invention / since five years.
25. The climate / of this country / is considered better / than Africa.
26. I was / twelve years / when our country / became independent.
27. My brother / is two years / elder than / I am.
28. It has been announced / that the Industrial Exhibition / will/begin from June 10th.
29. He assured me / that he would return / all the books / on next Monday.
30. He is clever / in mathematics / but he is not much good / to us in other ways.
31. I hope / you will accept / to preside / at the meeting.
32. Lay down / for a while / and you will feel / better.
33. An uncle of mine / who is a doctor / gave a valuable advice / when I met him a month ago.
34. One of his brothers / was injured / in an accident / and was taken to the hospital.
35. I have never seen that actor / in any film / but I have heard him / in the radio.
36. The motoring accident / happened / in the morning / of the 22nd.
37. You must wait /till the light / will change / to green.
38. I suppose / you have been / to the cinema / isn’t it?
39. I am on a diet / I am eating / nothing but bread / for the last five days.
40. He told me / that he had seen my sister / at the museum / on last Friday.
Mistakes while Writing in English
Akbar and Birbal Stories
Mistakes while Writing in English To HOME PAGE