Overcome by :
Overcome by : to fight successfully against (or) to defeat
1. She was overcome by emotion.
2. She, who was overcome by feelings, stopped struggling against those feelings.
3. He was overcome by sweet sorrow.
4. My suspicions were overcome by the sudden appearance of my parents.
5. Finally the difficulty was overcome by an educational power.
6. The disadvantages of being blind were overcome by the advantages of not being witness.
7. We felt suddenly overcome by that sense of confusion and hopelessness in the midst of strangers.
8. It is easy for us to be overcome of emotions and sadness.
Overcome by To HOME PAGE
The Grammar Index