Synonyms and Antonyms Index
| Previous Page
Phrasal Verbs beginning with CLEAR :
: go away
1. When the boys saw the policeman, they cleared off.
: send away (or) remove
1. Some children are playing in the garden. Clear them off.
2. Please clear your papers off so that I can serve dinner.
: go away (or) send away
1. “Clear out,” shouted the farmer to the boys in his field.
2. The farmer sent men into the field to clear out the boys.
: get rid of something unwanted or empty (a drawer, a cupboard, wardrobe or a room to make it tidy)
1. Clear out all the rubbish from the drawer.
2. Clear out the drawer.
: improve (or) become fine
1. If the weather clears up, we’ll go for a picnic.
: (of a mystery or problem) solve
: remove doubt about
1. Has the mystery of her death been cleared up?
: make (a place) tidy
1. The room has been cleared up.
: remove rubbish so as to leave a place tidy.
1. Clear up this mess!
Phrasal Verbs beginning with CLEAR
Akbar and Birbal Stories
Phrasal Verbs beginning with CLEAR To HOME PAGE