Position of Articles :
(i) It was too nice a day to stay inside.
Note that article 'a' comes after the adjective 'nice'.
(ii) It is usual that the article comes before the adjective.
1. It is a happy day.The last few days
2. a really good programme
3. a very nice surprise
(iii) However, some words can come before articles in the noun group.
1. all - all the game
2. both - both the green dresses
3. rather - rather a nice idea
4. quite - quite a nice girl
5. exactly - exactly the wrong person
6. just - It is just the right moment.
7. such - such a funny game
8. what - what a nice idea
9. much - much the same
Position of Articles
Position of Articles To HOME PAGE
The Grammar Index