Prepositions TO and INTO :
TO - in a direction towards
1. He stood up and walked to the window.
2. We are hoping to go to Simla for our holidays this year.
3. The two lovers danced cheek to cheek.
INTO - so as to be in
1. It started to rain so they went into the house.
2. She changed into her uniform.
3. He's given up photography and now he is into computers.
1. She is in bed.
2. He is at the height of his glory.
3. The child ran to school.
4. The man jumped into the lake.
IN and AT used in speaking of things at rest.
TO and INTO are used in speaking of things in motion.
Prepositions TO and INTO
Prepositions TO and INTO To HOME PAGE
The Grammar Index