1. to go away to a quiet or less central place
2. to stop working, at one's job or profession usually because of age
Example Sentences :
1. My mother retired from her job in the civil services at the age of 60.
2. My children will retire to their beds after 9 pm everyday.
3. Our armies have retired to regroup for a fresh attack.
4. The Members of the Jury have retired to consider their verdict.
5. I have retired from business.
6. The rich man has retired into private life.
Retire To HOME PAGE
The Grammar Index