Synonyms and Antonyms Index
| Previous Page
Sentences in Past Perfect Tense :
1. The Sun had arisen when I got up at 6.25 am.
2. The Sun rose at 6.10 am. I got up at 6.25 am.
3. When we got to the airport, the plane has already left.
4. We could not catch the plane.
5. I did not see the film very well, because, I had forgotten my eye-glasses.
6. When I finished my exam, I had checked for mistakes.
7. We felt very tired when we had walked 6 kms.
8. We went to Monica’s house. But, she had gone out.
9. When I had finished my exams, I went to cinemas.
10. He had sold all the cakes when we went there. There was no cake left.
11. During our conversation, I realised that we had already met.
12. When Mary had done her shopping, she went to visit her sister.
Explain the difference in meaning between these sentences :
She packed when I came.
She had packed when I came.
When the secretary arrived, the meeting began.
When the secretary arrived, the meeting had begun.
Sentences in Past Perfect Tense
Akbar and Birbal Stories
Sentences in Past Perfect Tense To HOME PAGE