Simple Present sentences with First Person Singular and Plural nouns, Second Person Singular and Plural nouns and Third Person Plural nouns as subject of the verb are as follow.
1. I go to the city.
2. We go to the city.
3. They go to the city.
4. The animals walk along the bank of the river.
5. You have to be here by 10 am.
6. You decide upon this matter.
Simple Present sentences with Third Person Singular nouns as subject of the verb are as follow. The verb takes S or ES after it. GO becomes GOES and WALK becomes WALKS.
1. The King has to fight against the enemy.
2. He comes now.
3. She takes her brother with her.
4. It goes slow.
5. The dog barks because of hungry.
The simple present tense is used for the following purposes.
To state or speak about facts and habits…
1. He likes bread and jam.
2. They deposit their money in this bank.
3. Two fours make eight.
4. I write usually in the night.
1. My daughter travels in the train.
2. This university admits only the students with high scores in SAT.
3. Your brother has three mobile-phones.
4. Her school is open up to 5 pm.
5. The teachers give test only on Sundays.
6. I consult a doctor.
7. I click the mouse button.
To state or speak about events in the future…
1. The bus starts at 6 pm.
2. My office deposits our salary only on 4th of each month.
3. It is very low temperature here even in summer.
4. The tailor next door is always busy.
5. It rains every morning in the summer.
To state or speak about general truths….
1. Water freezes at zero degrees.
2. Two fours make eight.
3. The trees are always greenish here.
4. The animals mate only in the winter.
5. The Earth revolves around the Sun.
6. The Sun is not moving.
To tell stories to make the listeners or readers feel more involved in the story….
The dog walks into the house and the father of the child takes a stick to beat the dog off. The dog barks at the father. The child screams and runs off into the room. Now, the mother of the child comes out of the kitchen.
The Negative Version
1. He does not like bread and jam.
2. They do not deposit their money in this bank.
3. Two fours do not make eight.
4. I do not write usually in the night.
5. My daughter does not travel in the train.
6. This university does not admit only the students with high scores in SAT.
7. Your brother does not have three mobile-phones.
8. Her school is not open up to 5 pm.
9. The teachers do not give test only on Sundays.
10. I do not consult a doctor.
11. I do not click the mouse button.
The Question Version
1. Does he like bread and jam?
2. Do they deposit their money in this bank?
3. Do two fours make eight?
4. Do I write usually in the night?
5. Does my daughter travel in the train?
6. Does this university admit only the students with high scores in SAT?
7. Does your brother have three mobile-phones?
8. Is her school open up to 5 pm?
9. Do the teachers give test only on Sundays?
10. Do I consult a doctor?
11. Do I click the mouse button?