Synonyms and Antonyms of ABJURE :
- Forswear, recant, renounce
1. The astronomer Galileo was forced to forswear his theory of the rotation of the earth.
2. He has recanted the sinful ways after his release from the jail.
3. It is not necessary to renounce the world for worshipping God.
- Relinquish, abandon, renunciate, abrogate, expropriate, derelict, cease, surrender, abdicate, resign, withdraw, retire
1. Ramesh reliquished his right to property of his father voluntarily to benefit his sisters.
2. If we can abandon our vices of anger, hatred and physical attachments, we are on the right path of progress.
3. It is very difficult to renunciate world attachments.
Synonyms and Antonyms of ABJURE
Synonyms and Antonyms Index
Akbar and Birbal Stories
Synonyms and Antonyms of ABJURE To HOME PAGE