Synonyms and Antonyms of ABRIDGMENT :
The abridgement of the Oxford Dictionary is not available in India.
- Abbreviation, epitome, summary, abstract, compendium, outline, synopsis, analysis, digest
1. In chemistry the use of abbreviations helps solve the chemical equations.
2. We may have an epitome of religion but not its abridgement.
3. An investigator can analyse the data and reach a conclusion whereas others get confused.
4. An abstractor digest is an independent statement of what the book contains.
5. A summary is the most condensed statement of results or conclusions.
6. This is an abridged form of the Webster Dictionary.
7. My uncle is very fond of English literature. He keeps a compendium of English literature always with him.
8. In an essay one should first give the synopsis and then the description.
- Elaborate, expand, dissect, elongate
1. This book beautifully elaborates the theory of business cycles.
2. This is an expanded version of Ramayana.
3. Unless we dissect the basic constituents of this statement, we cannot get at an accurate conclusion.
Synonyms and Antonyms of ABRIDGMENT
Synonyms and Antonyms Index
Akbar and Birbal Stories
Synonyms and Antonyms of ABRIDGMENT To HOME PAGE