Synonyms and Antonyms of ABSCOND :
Once the look-out notice was announced, the culprits absconded their home.
- Hide, slip away, conceal oneself, leave, steal away, decamp, retire, depart, retreat, take oneself off. disappear, run away, withdraw, flee, run off
1. The traveller decamped in fear of lurking robbers.
2. A frightened horse runs as a bolt is shot from a bow or a gun.
3. He leaves his home for office in time but does not get a bus and is generally late.
4. The traveller had some fears in mind when he departed on his journey.
5. A bonded labourer may run away from his master but the master generally succeeds in catching him again.
6. A public man may try to hide himself from the reporters but the reporters somehow find him out.
7. One may slip away from a company he does not wish to break up.
8. An army retreats from an untenable position or before a superior force.
9. The hunted thief disappeared in the crowd and the police failed to catch him.
10. The Jews had to flee from Germany when Hitler ordered their General massacre.
- Hold one's ground, reappear, arrive, remain, be present, present oneself, come into view, put in a reappearance, stay, emerge
1. The army held its ground against heavy firing from the enemy posts.
2. The great leader reappeared after oblivion.
3. The witness presented himself in the court after great prompting.
4. It is difficult for Indo-US warm friendship to put in a reappearance under the present circumstances.
5. The recession is over and brighter prospects for the industry have now emerged.
Synonyms and Antonyms of ABSCOND
Synonyms and Antonyms Index
Akbar and Birbal Stories
Synonyms and Antonyms of ABSCOND To HOME PAGE