Synonyms and Antonyms of ADMIT :
- Own, avow, grant, concede, give, yield
1. We could locate no one to own the box found on the railway platform.
2. He avowed to be not guilty in very strong terms but the judge remained unconvinced and sentenced him to imprisonment for five years.
3. He has conceded to me a big loan for starting the construction of my house.
4. You ought to give the porter a nice tip.
5. Her parents yielded at last to let her marry with the boy of a low caste.
- Disown, disavow, deny, dispute, disclaim
1. My sister denied the allegation that she went to cinema yesterday.
2. Your attempt to disown this building in order to get rid of the legal issues backfired.
3. I had to disclaim my right over my ancestral property to make myself free.
Synonyms and Antonyms of ADMIT
Synonyms and Antonyms Index
Akbar and Birbal Stories
Synonyms and Antonyms of ADMIT To HOME PAGE