The Full Stop : ( . )
The Full Stop or Period indicates the close of a complete sentence. The sentence following must invariably be commenced with a Capital Letter.
1. He goes to his college.
2. We collect the turion fees.
3. They are not good at sports.
4. I am not your classmate.
The Full Stop is also used after abbreviations
1. A.D. (for Anno Domini)
2. B.L. (for Bachelor of Law)
3. The Hon. (for the Honourable)
4. M.P.(for Member of Parliament)
A tendency nowadays is not to use a full stop after Mr and Mrs as these have come to be accepted as the full spelling.
The Full Stop :
The Full Stop To HOME PAGE
The Sentences Index