The Preposition IN LIEU OF :
IN LIEU OF – Preposition
LIEU is a Latin word meaning PLACE.
1. Instead of
2. In place of
3. In the absence of
5. As a substitute for
Example Sentences :
1. The company offered us time off in lieu of extra payment.
2. He accepted the van in lieu of his claim for Rs.250,000.
3. Basu watched T.V. in lieu of doing his homework.
4. We invited a film-star to our school function in lieu of a political man.
5. They gave us cash in lieu of check.
The Preposition IN LIEU OF
The Preposition IN LIEU OF To HOME PAGE
The Grammar Index