The Preposition TO :
TO : (preposition)
1. In a direction towards
2. Showing a particular direction
Example Sentences :
1. It is the road to Chennai.
2. The town lies to the north of Bengalooru.
3. The water came right up to our neck.
4. I want a present to give to my wife.
5. The car does 30 kilometers to the gallon.
6. We have driven by my car from Chennai to New Delhi.
7. He has come all the way to Chennai.
8. They've brought the date of the meeting to Wednesday.
9. But they have postponed the meeting till Wednesday.
The Preposition TO
The Preposition TO To HOME PAGE
The Grammar Index