The Preposition UP :
UP : (preposition)
1. To or in a higher place in
2. Upwards by way of
Example Sentences :
1. He climbed up the hill.
2. They live just up the road.
3. I like sailing up the river Ganges.
4. Going up in life needs mental-stamina.
5. When he was going up the hills, I warned him of the dangers.
6. They moved up the economic ladders of the society.
7. He pulled his socks up.
8. Why are you going up to London?
9. His eyes moved up and down the rows of people looking for his son’s face.
The Preposition UP
The Preposition UP To HOME PAGE
The Grammar Index